Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Worrying

So, I am well aware of the fact that I worry way too much. If you ask anyone close to me, they will tell you I am a worrier. Mostly, I worry about things that I cannot control and then let it take over my entire day. I know right now, I have a lot to worry about. Will Matt get a job? Will I get a job? Will we have a place to live? Will we have enough money? The list could go on and on. Well, as I was sitting in church this Sunday, God really spoke to me about my "worries". I started to think to myself, "When has God ever left me stranded when I was in need of something?" The answer: NEVER! I thought about my situation last year when I really needed a job. He provided. I have always heard the phrase, "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere." It is so true. God was telling me to stop worrying, because He will provide. I need to give it up to God and let him take care of the rest. In the end, I think I will be much happier!

"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done."
Philipians 4:6

No comments: