Saturday, August 31, 2013
Porter- I cannot believe you are 18..almost 19 months!! You bring more joy to our lives every day than we ever thought possible.
This month you are:
- Saying SO many words. There are way to many to write down. Your favorite words are "No no" and Mine. Imagine that! You also say "Thank you" after we give you something every time.
- Loving the movie Toy Story. We watch it together at least once a day! You're mesmerized by the toys. Thank goodness there are 3 different movies to choose from ;)
- Napping once a day for at least 2 hours in the afternoon.
- Asking for Mama and Dada when you wake up.
- Wearing 18 month shirts and 12 month pants.
- Still in a size 3 diaper!
- Loving playing and wrestling with your daddy. You do it almost daily!
- ALMOST A BIG BROTHER!
Porter, we love you so much. One of your favorite things to do right now is go over to David and Cathy's and play with the toys over there. You could literally spend hours lining up cars and playing with Buzz. You also love Brian. He loves to play with you, too! They love it when you come over.
I can't wait to update next time. You will probably have a little brother to share monthly updates with!
I start going for my weekly check up next week and can't wait to see how I'm progressing. I remember it meant nothing with Porter, but it's exciting to see how things are starting to go! I can't believe Connor is almost here. For right now, Matt and I are trying to soak up every chance we get to play with and cuddle Porter as an only child!
Monday, August 26, 2013
Last week was super busy, and I didn't have time to take an official 34 week picture! But, here I am at 34 weeks with Baby C! I took it in our hotel room in Nashville :)
I went to the doctor this week and everything looks great. We got a sonogram and Connor looks perfect! He is head down and moving around like crazy in there. He is weighing in at around 5 pounds. I go to the doctor again this next week to start my weekly visits now. I can't believe we're almost to the end! Will update with a 35 week picture soon!
Monday, August 12, 2013
Well, I can't believe we are here! At 33 Weeks! I feel like it's going by SO fast now.
We had our family maternity pictures Saturday and they were so fun. Porter was pretty good, considering the circumstances. No melt downs, thank goodness! :) Our photographer is AMAZING and I can't wait to see all of the pictures. I just know she will be phenomenal for our newborn pictures when Connor is born. She's so good with kids!
We are going to be super busy these next two weeks getting ready for Matt's sisters wedding! I am the matron of honor and Porter is one of the ring bearers! I just know it will be so much fun, we just have a lot of last minute things to do to prepare.
I go to the doctor on Thursday and we will get a sonogram before I fly (for the wedding). My doctor just wants to make sure everything looks good and my cervix is closed and I'm not dilated at all. I CANNOT wait to see Connor again. I feel like it's been forever!
Not too much longer! 6 and a half weeks!! We are almost done with the nursery. Just waiting on his bedding to get here, which should be early September. Woo hoo!!
Friday, August 2, 2013
Here is what you have been up to these last two months:
-Sleeping 11 hours at night.
-Still in size 3 diapers.
-Wearing 18 month shirts (at 17 months) and still in 12 month shorts. You wear a size 5 shoe.
-Speaking of shoes, you love them. You always try to wear daddy's and love you try and put yours on.
- LOVE Cars and trucks. Oh my goodness, you love them so much! Any time you see one, you point it out and get very excited. You have also recently started saying "dump truck".
- Getting 4 teeth at once. The "I" teeth. They have been a booger and have kept you up many nights. They have been coming in all of the 17 month.
- You say MANY words. You also repeat words that you hear very well.
- You recently started saying please and thank you. At first, we would tell you to say it. Now, you are starting to say it on your own. Sweet boy :)
- Your favorite foods right now are pretzels, chicken, watermelon, and cantaloupe. You can't seem to get enough right now. Especially watermelon! Yum!!
- You like water. You like to swim in the pool and you took swimming lessons for about a month. You can go underwater like a big boy and hold your breath. You can also kick your legs very well! Maybe next summer you will put it all together and be swimming!
- You started saying Connor's name at 17 months. We got it on video. You love to say his name and you often call random things Connor!
- You love your stuffed animals. You call them "Maddie". You sleep with SEVERAL in your bed every night :)
- You also love your dog Maddie. You love to be near her, chase her, and torture her. I think she secretly loves it!
We love you so much Porter and cant wait to see you be a big brother in September!!!