Thursday, March 21, 2013
Porter, you are 13 months old! I can't believe how fast this past year has gone by and how much you've grown!!! Here are some highlights:
- You are slowly starting to fit into your 12 month clothes. You still wear 9 month sometimes. You are little!
- You weigh 21 pounds and at your one year appointment you were 50% for height and weight. That's a good place to be!
- You are still in size 3 diapers.
- You sleep 11-12 hours a night and take 1 nap a day (you just transitioned) and they have been 2-2 1/2 hours a day!
- You are getting a little bit more picky about what you are eating, but you love fruit, chicken, avocados, and spaghetti. You also love to snack all day!
- We made the transition to whole milk at one year and you love it. You still nurse once the morning and at night.
- You LOVE bath time. We can't wait to take you to Florida in two months and watch how you react to the ocean! You are a water baby :)
- You are VERY outgoing. (Imagine that!) When we are out, you are constantly smiling and waving at people and laughing to try to get their attention. It's the funniest thing to watch. You're definitely a ham!
- Your vocabulary is starting to grow. You say hi and bye bye, go (your first real word), dog and hot. You can also mimic pretty well, especially when we aren't expecting it!
- Things you love right now: Maddie, your stuffed animals, daddy's tools, mommy, books, and shoes.
- You may love mommy, but right now you are all about doing things with daddy. Whatever he is doing, you also want to do. I love it!!!
- We just got a zoo pass and I can't wait to take you all the time! You love all the animals there, especially the elephants!
Just thinking about you growing up brings me to tears (that might also be the pregnancy hormones!) But staying home with you to watch you grow and enable your learning has been the best decision I have ever made! I love watching you grow and interacting with you each day. I hope that you always know how much daddy and I love you. When baby brother or sister gets here, I hope that we can still make you feel as special as you are. You are our first baby and we will always cherish you!
Mommy and Daddy