Sunday, January 29, 2012

37 Weeks

I realize the outfit I am wearing here looks JUST like the outfit in my 36 week picture, but I promise I also wear other clothes :)

I know what you are all thinking, and yes my belly grew A LOT over the last week! I feel like I had a growth spurt and he is huge now! At our appointment on Monday, I was dilated to a 1 1/2 and 25% effaced. At least we are somewhat moving right along. I have been having Braxton Hicks a lot more this week and hear that is a good sign because it means my body is getting ready!

Tomorrow I will be 38 weeks. I truly never thought I would get here! My pregnancy has gone by so slow, and so fast all at the same time. I am now at the point where I am uncomfortable and very ready for Porter to make his big appearance! I do NOT sleep much anymore..there is too much on my mind and I have to get up to go to the bathroom more times than I can count on one hand. Mostly, I just want to see his little face and hear him cry for the first time. :)

I decided to make a list of all the things I am ready and not so ready for to happen.

Things I am READY for:
1. To hold him in my arms
2. To see Matt hold him
3. To see how Maddie and Porter interact
4. To not feel HUGE :)
5. For everyone to meet him!

Things I am NOT READY for:
1. Nursing- can you really prepare yourself?
2. Not having him with me ALL the time
3. Changing diapers..I'm not gonna lie, it scares me!
4. To not feel his kicks inside me

There you have it. I'm pretty confident we'll be good parents, but the fact that we will have this little man to take care of VERY soon makes me a little uneasy, just being honest! But, I do think we have done a good job of getting everything prepared for him and above everything else, I cannot wait to be Porter's mommy. What a blessing!

So, from here, it's pretty much a waiting game! When will he come??? I'm hoping he stays in until February 9th (because that's when my mom get's here) but, if he decides he wants to come before then, that is alright with me!!!!!!! :)

1 comment:

The Spangs said...

soo I just got so emotional reading this. I think it's because all those emotions (good and bad)of being so close to having my babies came back to me. Also knowing what is about to happen to your life and the CRAZY love you will feel makes me emotional. You and Matt will do great. This is truly I time you will NEVER forget.