Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Going Crazy!

Ok, so I feel totally lost and ready to pull my hair out. Beginning my first year of teaching in November has been a total nightmare for me. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but I have had the hardest time trying to get everything organized and in it's place. The teacher before me decided she wanted to up and leave at the end of the second six weeks, leaving me with stacks of papers and one word document with information about the "problem" kids. When I first interviewed for the job I was SO excited! HA! The second grade teachers warned me that it would be hard and that some days I'm going to want to cry. Well, I can successfully say that I have only sat in my room and cried once! Matt has been so sweet to me, even when I come home grumpy. He really does keep me sane when I feel like going crazy. Last night he helped me grade papers! We will see how long that lasts. :) Well, I should probably go get lesson plans ready for tomorrow. I will be probably be at school until 6 or 7 for the rest of the week. Yuck! But, hopefully after that I will feel more caught up for the new year. We go home Friday!! I cannot wait until Christmas when I get to sleep in (yay!), eat lots of good food and spend time with my wonderful family and friends.

1 comment:

robineilene said...

Hang in there...nothing will EVER be as hard as the first year! It only gets better! :)