Sunday, April 28, 2013
Porter, you are so much fun right now! This month we have definitely noticed that you are looking more like a "big boy". Here are some high lights of this month.
- You still sleep through the night. Usually 7:30 or so to 7:15.
- You are wearing size 3 diapers and 12 month clothes.
-You take one nap a day, usually in the afternoon. Even though right now you are fighting naps pretty hard. Maybe because you don't want to miss anything??
- You LOVE animals, especially dogs! You love to pet and hit Maddie. We are trying to teach you gentle hands! :)
- You say lots of words. Hi, Bye-bye, dog, duck, hot, mama, and dada. This month you picked up the words car, Papa, and you mimic lots of words we say. You have said fish, don't, and more.
- You can sign! You sign more for almost everything you want more of (even things other than food), eat and you are beginning to sign milk. It's pretty awesome and cuts down on the frustration.
- You still love bath time!
- You are going through a mommy phase right now, so you don't want to be away from me a lot.
- You flew on a plane to Colorado this month and you did great. You slept most of the way and then played with apps on the iPad the rest of the time! You even got a compliment from a man on the way there saying you were so quiet, he didn't even know you were on the plane! Way to go! You're pretty awesome like that :)
Overall, you are so fun to be around. You have so many people who love to be around you because you make everyone laugh!
WE LOVE YOU LITTLE GUY!!!
Friday, April 26, 2013
I am a little behind on posts! I was 15 weeks on April 5th and felt the baby move for the first time on April 7th. In Sunday School! I felt it much earlier this time. I think one of the most special things about being pregnant is being able to feel the little miracle inside your tummy move around.
I am feeling great right now. I hope it lasts!
Monday, April 1, 2013
When Porter woke up we showed him his Easter basket and he loved it. He absolutely loved the little chicken cup he got and carried it around all day! That was fun to share that with him.
After that, we got ready for church. On the way to church, Matt tried to explain to Porter the true meaning of Easter. It was so cute. Hopefully next year he'll be able to understand the wonderful miracle of Easter and Jesus!
The service and music was wonderful! We took Porter to the nursery, and he usually will last about an hour before they call us and say he isn't doing well. But, today when we dropped him off, there was lots of kids crying so I was pretty sure he wouldn't last long. He didn't. I went to check on him 20 minutes in and he was crying at the door hysterically, so I took him. Poor thing. It's a hard thing for all of us right now!
After church, we grabbed lunch at a little Deli just the 3 of us! It was really nice. Then we headed home for a little play time and nap.
Our neighbors Cathy and David have lots of family here, so they invited us over for a little Easter egg hunt with a couple other kids. Porter loved it! He didn't get the concept of going and getting the eggs and putting them in the basket, but he loved to hold the eggs and bang them together.
Afterwards, Matt's parents came over for dinner and playtime with P! It was a wonderful Easter!
|Showing him how to put the eggs in the basket|
|"Mom, I just wanna hold them!"|
|Our precious little boy|
|Porter and his friend Emmett|
|Happy Easter from our family to yours!|
Porter got his first haircut on Friday March 29, 2013. Matt had been asking to take him for a while and I finally gave in and I'm glad I did! It looks so good when it's trimmed. He was so happy playing in the waiting area. When we went back they put him in a little fire truck and there was a video playing for him to watch. It was a great setup and he loved it! He didn't flinch or cry the entire time. He was such a trooper! They even gave us a lock of his hair and a frame for us to put a picture in. Hopefully all the other haircuts will go this well!!
|Waiting to get his very first haircut!|
|Starting the haircut, he was so interested in everything around him|
|He did such a great job!|
|Smiles from the little man|